Thursday, June 08, 2006


Only just over a week now until Allie and I go to the Philippines. God has been so gracious to the both of us to enable us both to go. I have the time off for this outreach written into my employee contract as an annual event and Allie has now got the time off as unpaid leave after expecting to have to resign her position - they said they want her back, gave her a pay rise and will keep her job open for her. How cool is that?????!!! Praise God.
Fran is now looking forward to coming with us after much persuation and Charlotte will be house and cat sitting while we are away.
Allie and I go next Sunday 18th to begin the preperations for receiving about 60 people coming from the UK and 25 Filippinos will be joining us.
Please pray for practical wisdom for Allie and I as we make these preparations regarding our meeting rooms, accommodation (who's sharing with who etc) and how we are to set out our daily and weekly diary of events for when everyone arrives.
I am doing the 3 peak challenge this weekend to raise money for the trip and your prayers for that also would be appreciated. I need lots of energy. I hear jelly babies on a drip feed does the trick! The pic above is me at the top of Scafell Pike on the training day. Cold. Wet. Completely nackered. I was looking forward to a nice view but we didn't even get that. Oh well!!
God bless all.
I am now looking forward to posting testimonies on a daily basis of Gods grace and of people being saved. I trust we are all ready for what God has for us on this outreach and what He has for those we are going to be sharing Jesus with.
We all need your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LoL - I like the scary picture!!
Hope you're both well (and Fran!) - thanks for the email - will reply when I get chance! Take Care. Love Sian R. xxx